Message from the IEEE:
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors.
ORCID is a persistent unique identifier for researchers and functions similarly to an article’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI). ORCIDs enable accurate attribution and improved discoverability of an author’s published work.
The author will need a registered ORCID in order to submit a manuscript or review a proof in this journal.
Follow these steps to link a ScholarOne account to a registered ORCID:
1. Login to ScholarOne and click on your name in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click E-mail / Name in the dropdown menu.
3. In the ORCID section at the top of the page, click the appropriate link to either register for a new ORCID or associate the account with an existing ORCID.
4. A new page will open to create and/or validate your ORCID. Once the validation is complete, the new page will close and you will return to ScholarOne.
5. Save the changes to your ScholarOne user account.
Authors who do not have an ORCID in their ScholarOne user account will be prompted to provide one during submission.