Paper Submission Instructions
Design&Test publishes diverse types of editorial content. Feature articles – which include Cover Features, Best Practices, Perspectives, and Research Features – provide a strong mix of case studies, opinion pieces, and solutions to technical problems. Design&Test periodically publishes Special Issues on leading-edge topics that have been proposed by guest editors. Authors can submit manuscripts for publication as Best Practices, Perspectives, or Research Features on any topic within Design&Test's scope at any time. All articles are peer-reviewed before publication.
In addition to feature articles, Design&Test publishes numerous columns to which you can contribute. If you're interested in contributing to a column, please contact the specific column editor or Theo Theocharides, Design & Test's Information Editor.
The guidelines below ("For Authors" button) describe how to prepare a manuscript for publication in Design&Test. Once your manuscript is completed and in compliance with these guidelines, we invite you to submit it for peer review by following the online submission process in our ScholarOne Manuscripts Author Center.
Paper Submission Notice
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCIDs enable accurate attribution and improved discoverability of an author’s published work. The author will need a registered ORCID in order to submit a manuscript or review a proof in this journal.
Follow these steps to link a ScholarOne account to a registered ORCID
- Login to ScholarOne and click on your name in the top row of the screen.
- Click E-mail / Name in the dropdown menu.
- In the ORCID section at the top of the page, click the appropriate link to either register for a new ORCID or associate the account with an existing ORCID.
- A new page will open to create and/or validate your ORCID. Once the validation is complete, the new page will close and you will return to ScholarOne.
- Save the changes to your ScholarOne user account.
Authors who do not have an ORCID in their ScholarOne user account will be prompted to provide one during submission.